Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's all about Perspective.

and enjoy the picture....Betsy's an AVATAR :)
Wow... this blog is 100% overdue. So much to say. So, I'm just going to touch on a few thngs.

First off, I was inspired by Dakota Mahan's blue hat he wears all the time. It's a simple hat with a whale on it and the two words, "Live simply". I appreciate his hat so much--how true is it. Life is full of complex ideas, problems, issues. Yet, life is so much more enjoyable when you see joy in the little things. Some little things I have come to appreciate and love: thoughtfulness, sunsets, roommates, teammates, wise advice from older people, Professors, deep conversation, letters, sleep, vanilla lattes, family, friends, the beach, and so much more. Something fellow Elizabeth and I have come to love and appreciate=FLOSSING. It's a massage for your mouth :)

After a fun-filled day where Annemarie and I beat Tyler and Dakota in a game of beach volleyball (shout out Amers), we four headed up to L.A. for the night because we had tickets to "The Price is Right" taping at 8:30am in the morning. Long story short, our reserved tickets Anne got weeks in advance meant nothing and we didn't get on the shoe :(. Dakota made awesome v-neck shirts for it though! The four of us did enjoy the day in LA. I had to leave early, but the three of them tried to get on the 4pm taping of "The Price is Right"--yet failed again. I know that they were all frustrated and I even told them I would blog for therapy and venting reasons. But, my perspective changed on the situation when late that night I found out one of my boss's at work during the summer died from a massive heart attack at the gym. My heart and prayers goes out to the family. So tragic and unexpected. It is funny how we were all so caught up in our anger for not getting on the show. But, I was humbly reminded about what really matters in life.

As Betsy said below.. it's March and full of wonderful Madness. Yes, we have a bet going on between our brackets.... both of us are super competitive people. So, we'll see who comes out on top. Out last competition, I lost--Betsy called Vienna winning the Bachelor, and I thought Tenley would win.

So, I feel as though I BARELY touched the surface of things running around in my mind. Spring break has been wonderful and full of sunshine, friends, family, good food, nature, and adventures! Take in today--it's a blessing. And remember, put things in perspective....


appreciate.the.moments

No comments:

Post a Comment