Thursday, March 11, 2010

win or learn from it.

Elizabeth Mary's thoughts:
Today was a gift--a gift of memories. My day started consisted of eating breakfast with Hillary, one class ending an hour early, and my other class being cancelled. I took advantage of my extra time and ran the stairs at SBCC. Talk about a BEAUTIFUL DAYYY! And and extra perk: I saw Phil Dalhausser--the 2008 Beijing Summer Olymic Games Beach Volleyball Gold Medalist!
-I had dinner with a close friend and enjoyed the company, the deep coversation, delicious food, and seeing how struggles can turn into growth through the grace of God.
-And to top things off, I jacuzzied with my fellow Elizabeth and Annemarie :) such a joy, yet spooky in the dark.
-Us Elizabeth's went to Vons on the way back to our room and ran into Max and Brian. Wonderful memories built at Vons... expecially Betsy almost stepping on a worm (I'll post a picture of it soon).

Here's a perspective for the day:
-You either win or you learn from it. I was taught this idea in a devo by Megan Fate before one fo our basketball games. Look at losing as a disguise to improve, learn, grow, and develop.

Oh and as soooo many of you followers have requested, here is the quote for the day, yet it was said yeterday:
"Geometry may not be as sexy as political science...but you need both"-one of my Professors that will go unnamed.

appreciate.the.moments

No comments:

Post a Comment